Monday, January 21, 2008

Baby Update

I think it's about time for another List of Current Favorites, simply because favorite things tend to change, don't they? Excepting of course, the obvious people that will always and forever top my List of Current Favorites. As a matter of fact these should be unspoken, assumed current favorites whether I actually type them or not: God, Eric, our baby girl soon to be born, Gabby & Sasha. Gabby & Sasha aren't exactly people, but they are part of the family for sure! As of this moment I am still compiling the current list in my mind, so I will post it tomorrow or Saturday. Something to look forward to. :)

A week ago, we had another ultra sound. Seeing the baby in 4D is always fascinating. It is hard to tear my eyes away from the screen, and always disappointing for the scan to end. Baby is doing well, and growing rapidly! They say she is already 2.7 lbs and in the 80th percentile. Growth scans tend to be off, sometimes quite a bit, so I wasn't too alarmed to hear that she is already so big. My doctor wants me to continue monitoring my bloodsugars closely and bring them under even tighter control if I can. I have been doing a great job, but there are a few things I can fine tune in regards to my bloodsugars. The better they are, the more normal-in-size my baby will be. High blood sugar crosses the placenta, causing her to make more of her own insulin to bring her bloodsugar down, which in turn causes her to gain extra weight. Bigger babies make births more difficult and could cause "health problems later in life" according to my doctor.

I can hardly believe she will be here in about two months. I can almost feel her getting bigger every day, and kicking me a little more strongly. Reminding me that we will meet very soon! There is so much yet to do to prepare for her, and so much to learn. I am so excited for her to be born. I hope we will be ready to raise, feed, protect, guide, care for, and encourage this little life that God has blessed us with! Praise God He is with us at every moment, helping us through each circumstance. Here she is, looking a little shy, or maybe tired? The strange shapes around her body are fluids.




More to come in the next day or two. Farewell, fellow bloggers!

No comments: