Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hurricane Ike visits Westerville

Miraculously, our power came back on the day after my last post. We were so thankful to have electricity again. I know that it will be a long time before I take it for granted. We were very blessed to make it through with very little damage from the 75-90 mile an hour winds that came through. Our home and vehicles are unharmed. Praise the Lord! As it turns out, the pictures I took during the storm aren't very good. However, I'll show them to you anyway since I promised them!

Our Toyota was parked across the street, and was within inches of being hit by our neighbor Jo's tree. You can't quite see it in this picture, but it was such a close call that we know that God kept the truck from being damaged. There is no way a tree falls in a howling storm and misses something as big as a truck by just inches. That tree was planted by Jo and her husband, years ago on their 45th wedding anniversary. Sadly, the tree won't make it. =( If you click the picture to make it bigger, you'll notice that most of the leaves and trees are a blur; it was still fairly windy when I took the picture.


Here is the tree we lost in our backyard.


Here's another tree in our neighborhood that had it's top taken off.


Unfortunately, that is all the pictures I have to post. I'm kicking myself for not taking more! The others were on the cell phone I was using at the time, and unforunately that phone is disconnected and being sent back, so I'm unable to retrieve the pictures from it. If I can, I will retrieve the pictures that Eric took with his phone sometime soon. That's it for now!

No comments: