Saturday, June 13, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever

Audrey and I joined our good friends for a morning of Strawberry picking! It was great fun. We hitched a ride with Abby & Nolan, and met Laura & Ava and some other ladies from New Life and their kids. I carried her around in the backpack as I picked, while she watched and commented on what I was doing. We picked quite a few!


Abby and Nolan

Laura and Ava


Nolan isn't sure he likes this whole strawberry picking thing.

It was quite pretty out there.
The pictures don't do the landscape any justice.


Stupid telephone poles. That was a picturesque little lake,
but I couldn't get close enough to avoid the poles.


Group shot of all the kids that came! Unforunately I can't remember all of their names. Audrey and Ava are on the left, Nolan on the far right, and the little girl in the middle with the pink shoes is Emma. Her mom is Leslie.


Discussing the rise and fall of strawberry sales in the stock market.

What a patient girl!

We stopped to get icecream on the way home. Velvet ice cream is actually made in Utica where the strawberry farm/orchard was.





Sweet Ava!

What a great day overall! We may go for a day of peach or apple picking this summer. Looking forward to it!

5 comments:

Kim said...

how fun! how come you never took me when I was there? strawberry picking + velvet ice cream = yummmmm

p.s. LOVE the title! very creative :)

Katie said...

Looks like fun! I wish I could have come, but with Brianna being sick, I just didn't want to get her out of bed early to get there on time. I will surely join you all for Apples!

Christy said...

Kim - we'll find something fun like this to do when you are here this summer!! I'll find out what is in season... peaches probably. It'll be fun - so fun it won't be UN!!

Katie, I didn't know Brianna was sick!!! Is she feeling better now? We'll all go next time - it'll be a blast. :)

Anonymous said...

I really love following your blog! I get to relive those precious and fun first years of being a young mom with a young baby!

DO NOT BLINK..or *points to two teenagers* that's what happens! ;)

p.s. now I'll have that song running in my head all day.. hehe

Trish

Christy said...

I'm trying not to blink, but it's still going by so so fast!!!

*Big Hugs*!!!