Friday, September 4, 2009

The Windy City

This is way late, but I thought I'd post some pics of our trip to Chicago. We went for my Grandma Porowski's funeral/memorial service which ended up being just about as nice as those things can be. It was comfortable and informal, while family members and life long friends of my Grandma stood up to remember her and talk about great memories. It was so nice to see all of the people that loved her, to hear so many great, funny stories of all stages of her life. Afterward we walked out to the Veteran's Memorial where my Grandpa was buried (in a niche) and stood together to listen to my sister play Amazing Grace on her violin, then a moment of silence.

All of my aunts, uncles, and cousins on my Dad's side were there. It was so great to see them. I hadn't seen any of them in about 15 years, so we had a lot to catch up on as you can imagine! During the course of the weekend, we hung out together at the hotel, playing cards and talking. We chased Audrey around multiple floors of the hotel. We traveled to downtown Chicago to roam the streets, go shopping, eat good food, and my favorite, enjoy a lovely ferry ride into the bay and down the river inside the city. My aunt Anne lives in a condo over looking the bay, so we congregated (a.k.a. squeezed 15 people into her tiny place) there to eat Chicago style pizza one night. It was wonderful. The weekend would've been perfect, if I hadn't lost my camera downtown at some point. I'm still really sad about it. My cell phone has a camera, but not a great one, so my pictures aren't the best. I didn't get any of my family (I don't really know what happened there, and I'm really sad I didn't take more pictures with my cell), just the city really. My Dad and sister got some great ones though, so check out their facebook albums if you want.

Eric had Audrey in a shopping bag ~ love it!!!
She thought it was hilarious.

Kims being Kims on the balcony at my Aunt Anne's condo :D

On the boat:






My seester and I.






My dad... so silly!



I really, really love Chicago.

Walking downtown:


1 comment:

Kim said...

you forgot the story of how everybody (except me!) accidently stepped onto the dog's peeing "grass" in Aunt Anne's apartment!

. . .

the pictures came out great, considering they came from your phone!