Monday, November 19, 2007

Christmas is Coming...


The geese are getting fat.... come on, sing it with me! I know you're already humming. :) I don't know about you, but I'm starting to feel the crunch. I haven't done any shopping yet, and with all the time we will spend out of town in the next month, I'm hoping my Christmas shopping doesn't become too frantic! On the other hand as prior posts have shown, I am already in quite the Christmas spirit. The last few years, it hasn't felt like Christmas until December 25th. Maybe the snow flurries we had last week made the impending season feel more real. The weather is cold, the trees are shedding their leaves, the scents of wood burning fires fill the air, and gingerbread lattes lure busy shoppers into cozy coffee shops. The sugar free gingerbread latte is amazing, by the way!

Soon I will be decorating for Christmas, and rearranging my autumn wreath to look more "wintery". I could almost jump up and down in my seat as I think about decorating our first Christmas tree in our new home. Isn't it funny how such little things bring so much joy?

Eric and I will be in California with my family for a week over Christmas, and I couldn't be more excited. I haven't seen them since last Christmas, and I won't begin to relate how difficult it has been being away from them for so long.

Here's to getting all of our shopping done early, fellow bloggers! My first Christmas countdown, in honor of the coming festivities.

No comments: