Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving, bloggers! I am praising the Lord today for so many things. I won't go into all of them now, but I will list my top 3.

Topping the list is Someone more important than everything in the world to me; Jesus Christ, my God, My Savior, My Friend. Far more important than any earthly thing. He took the sin of the world upon Him, becoming the final and ultimate Sacrifice for sin, therefore we can come to the Father and ask for forgiveness. We can become clean and new, with an eternal citizenship in Heaven. He is a tender, loving God. He is merciful. He loves me. I am so grateful, I am speechless. That doesn't happen often.

Secondly, words cannot express how thankful I am for my wonderful husband. Eric is truly a God send (how could he not be, given our story!), my soul mate. He gets me. Life isn't easy, but with Eric it's an adventure. Special. Exciting. He loves me despite my mile-long list of shortcomings and 6.5 years of marriage so far. I look forward to decades and decades more.


Lastly but certainly not least, my sweet baby girl. I could never have imagined it possible to have such a darling, precious, sweet-tempered little girl. She surprises me every day. To hear her exclaim "Mama!" when she sees me as she did for the first time tonight, breaks my heart. I don't deserve these things. I don't deserve all of this love. Yet I am so thankful for it. I'm blown away - speechless! Again! This doesn't happen often, enjoy it! :)



May you lift your eyes to the hills (Psalm 121), to the Lord, and see all of the people and things He has blessed you with today. "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." Philippians 4:8.

Have a great Thanksgiving with family/friends! BIG HUGS to you all!

No comments: