Friday, April 29, 2011

Sigh.


Final thought of the night. When I grow up, I wanna be like Ree Drummond. If the name sounds familiar, you've probably seen her blog, www.thepioneerwoman.com. Her life does not look as if it is easy and I know for a fact it can't be. However, it appears so romantic. I want to wake up every morning, go out and take pictures of the horses and animals and kids and myriads of other things with my hilariously expensive and beautiful camera, and then blog about them in my fashionably witty way. All the while being an amazing cook, an amazing mom (wife, sister, et al.), photographer, etc. etc. etc. Seriously, I'm desperately jealous in the very best way. Maybe I can be my own version of her, with the ridiculously less stylish life I live. I have spunk, sometimes loads of it, so I can do it. Right?

Thanks Trish, for making me curious about the Pioneer Woman again. I haven't looked at her site lately and I totally got lost in it again today. Love ya girl!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's quite talented and witty, yes! But what I love most is how she is 'keepin it real', reminding us how she most certainly does NOT do it all, and exposing her flaws. From Ree's site I've branched out to peek at others, and I found there are a LOT of talented, witty folks out there. I believe Ree helped 'pioneer' them into discovering their own voice and style.

Fortunately YOU already have talent, wit, your own voice and style! Just don't be afraid to continually develop and share it!

I love ya too,
~ Trish :)

Anonymous said...

I like her blog too! She is an inspiration and has had many blessings in her life. We can tend to "compare" lives, but the Bible does say that comparing ourselves with others is not wise! You have many gifts and talents He intends for you to bless others with - be content with who you are and give what you've got to make a difference in someone else's life!

Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet you some day Kathryn!

~Trish

Christy said...

Thanks ladies. :)

You're right Mom. We can all aspire to be like others though, especially people we respect and admire. There was definitely a bit of a longing for a life more like hers, but I was more inspired than anything. I'll try not to compare and simply be content. :)