Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!



I hope your turkey day is FANTASTIC, bloggy friends! My seester and her fiance will arrive in the morning, and I am SERIOUSLY excited about hanging out with them over this Thanksgiving weekend. My intent was to post an intricate list of things that I am thankful for, but I am already burning the midnight oil and I'm not done cleaning yet. I shake my fist at procrastination, a deceivingly attractive friend that is always, without fail, revealed to be a sneaky little wolf in sheep's clothing. But I digress. 


I will just say that I am very blessed to live the life I live, and I am thankful for where I live, with whom I live, and that I exist for the greater purpose of glorifying Jesus Christ. My Savior died for me and made it possible for me to have eternal life in heaven with Him, something I will always be more thankful for than anything else. There is a lot more to say about that but I will keep going for now. My husband and my daughter are gifts that I don't deserve, and despite life tending to get messy, I will always treasure them. I can't help but think of all the people in the world who are in need, so much more than I am. I'm thankful for those who inspire me, encourage me, believe in me, and pray for me, for those who are dear to me and bless me every day just by being who they are. I'm thankful for those who have blazed the trails and done the hard work to make this country and our lives the way they are now. I could go on forever. Really. So I will end this in a grateful, humble, reflective mood. 


If only I didn't have to go and reflect on scrubbing the toilets. -.- Happy Thanksgiving everyone - be thankful!


PS ~ Does anyone else think that turkey looks a little worried? Or even.. sad? Gah. 

No comments: