Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas!



I have been BUSY. When I say busy I mean BUSY. Did I mention BUSY! My family started arriving on December 21st of last year (ha) and they just kept coming. It was like some historically impactful battle that ends in a hostile take over. Okay I'll be serious, I love having my family here, especially at Christmas. There is something comforting and fulfilling about a warm, cozy house filled with family and friends, twinkle lights and tons of food. Especially really good food.







Such as Lou Malnati's pizza, brought from Chicago by my Uncle Jamie and cousin Jacob who spent Christmas with us. (Aunt Carolyn had to work a lot around Christmas, so she had to stay home, which was  sad. Hopefully they can all come visit with us this spring or summer!)
Also, Kim makes really good salads. With a smile. *CHING*!


No Thiessen/Porowski/Rice get together would be complete without an intense, loud, competitive card game. 



My cousin Jacob... as serious as they come!



Christmas at our house was fun. 

Coffee Crisp, the best candy bar ever, and they don't even sell it in States... it comes from  the far off land of Canada.


Sasha

My Dad - a mature example for the family. Bahahaha :)

Typical!

My wonderful parents!

You can see our wonderful fake Christmas tree in the above photo. The beginning tree itself was a little sparse, so when Kim and I decorated my house, we filled it in with fake branches from another fake tree (I'm a tad bitter about not being able to get a real tree this year, but we wanted to spend the cash on other things. Like gifts. Pfft.) which actually made it look really cool. I was really happy with our creation in the end, as happy as I could be without having a beautiful, naturally pine scented, sap filled, needle dropping, real tree.

My Dad took some great pics, so I thought I'd share a few of his as well!











Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!!

No comments: