Friday, December 21, 2007

It's A Girl!

Third time's a charm... we got a pretty good view of what we needed to see at my ultra sound yesterday afternoon. The tech said that she definitely has girl parts, hehe. :) Even the tech who did my fetal echocardiogram earlier yesterday morning said that even though it wasn't her area of expertise, she was pretty sure it looked like a girl. The fetal echo came back perfectly normal and healthy. When the procedure first started, baby was sleeping and they got some great shots. After a few minutes, she woke up and started moving all over the place, finally ending up in her favorite position ~ curled up in a ball and hiding from the "camera"! Little stinker!

The 4D ultra sound was stunning ~ Eric and I enjoyed it so much. Since it was a follow up, they didn't have to measure the limbs and fluids again so we got to spend time watching her move, suck her thumb, etc. She had her hands in front of her face almost the entire time, and the ultra sound tech had to poke my belly more than once to get her to move a little so we could get some good pictures! The doctors all said that she looks perfectly healthy and normal.

All in all, I am happy, excited, and content. Seeing her move, rub her eyes with her fist, suck her thumb, and curl up into a ball while feeling that movement inside my stomach, made the whole process very "real" and alive for me. Carrying a growing baby inside of me has been very surreal. Until yesterday it was hard to connect with the tiny being that is alive and growing so rapidly within me, despite the fact that my belly is growing and I see the obvious process my body is going through. I am starting to feel her kick and move, which is possibly the coolest thing ever! I grow more excited each time I think about our little girl, and how amazing it will be to have her in our lives. God is truly amazing, and I will continue to praise Him and lean on Him during this process and beyond.

Time to start thinking about names and paint colors! :D Here are the amazing 4D pictures we brought home from the hospital yesterday.






She has all 5 fingers, promise, even though you can't see the fifth one in this picture!


Last but not least, the "It's a girl" shot! :D

1 comment:

Matthew said...

A hearty congrats from snowy Buffalo! You guys are going to have so much fun with that little girl!