Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas from California!


I know I'm a day late. Christmas day was fairly busy, as one may imagine. Eric and I are having a lovely time with my family in beautiful, sunny, southern California. The weather has been warm and breezy at times, but altogether balmy compared to chilly Ohio. We plan to do some shopping tomorrow, meet with some old friends on Friday, and spend the rest of the weekend together doing family-type things. We fly home on Sunday afternoon and arrive home very early on Monday morning, just in time to get ready for our small group New Years party at our house on Monday night! Never a dull moment in the life of the Rices. I wouldn't have it any other way. :) I only have a few pictures from Christmas morning, but I'll post more later.

My adorable husband! I love the hat my sister gave him ~ so perfect!


Mom and Dad opening gifts. :)

My sister Kim is happy about whatever it is she got...

Smile Dad!


We went to the beach today and couldn't have picked a more beautiful day. I could have stayed forever, listening to the ebb and flow of the waves, seagulls calling to the open blue sky, and the cool breeze through my hair. We even saw a dolphin, although it disappeared before we could get a picture. Here are some pictures from the beach.

My baby and I enjoying the sunshine.

Beautiful Newport Beach.


Kim's face sticks like this:


We found a frisbee in the ocean, and Kim was the brave soul elected to fish it out.


Nice catch, Mom! :)


Squinty!



Kim and I being silly.



Awww. I love them so much!


I can't get enough of the ocean!



The bird of paradise flower is so pretty when in bloom. They grow so well in the warmth of the California sunshine!

I will post later this week, after more fun is had and pictures are taken! Fellow bloggers, I hope you are enjoying the holiday season as much as I am.

No comments: