Sunday, April 13, 2008

Audrey is here!

I promised more pictures of Audrey and the birth experience. Here they are ~ Enjoy! Click for big versions.

Here I am moments before getting hooked up to the IV and going into surgery. I think I look bigger than 37 weeks... would you agree? :p

Getting cleaned up. C Section babies sometimes stop breathing shortly after birth, because their lungs/heart etc. haven't been stimulated by being pushed through the birth canal. Such was the case with Audrey... they had to drain her lungs and stimulate them as she stopped breathing for about 15 seconds. Scary!! Thank the Lord I had no clue that was happening as I watched, immobilized on the operating table.

Get that bright light out of my face, people!

Note the amount on the scale. That's my big girl! :D

A very very happy Daddy!

One big happy family. I'm pretty drugged out in this picture. :p

Dave, Katie, and many of our friends came to visit us while in the hospital. Dave wanted to hold Audrey all day, and she loved it!

A happy and tired momma.

Audrey in her going home outfit on our last day at the hospital. She's just so cute I could scream!!

At one point, she reached out, grabbed Eric's nose, and held on for about 5 minutes. I could hardly take the picture because I was laughing so hard! I thought I would lose my stitches...

Folks, we've got a whistler.


We introduced Gabby & Sasha to Audrey the night we returned home. They were absolutely fascinated with her, and still are!

Audrey's first sponge bath. She LOVED it as you can see! :p

Ahh... now this I can deal with.

I'm ready... feed meh!

Eric has become quite the multi tasker... watching TV and feeding Audrey at the same time.

Audrey stretched her legs out and set them on Sasha's nose. It was possibly the cutest thing ever.

Her first walk outside... she slept through the whole thing, bumps and all!


We're picture-happy-parents, so expect a lot more pictures soon! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww..looks like Audrey is a keeper! Thanks for the update on DM! -Regge