Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Only in Ohio

A few days ago, I picked Eric up from work and we were on the freeway driving home. Eric hadn't had a particularly encouraging day at work, so we were talking about it and feeling a little glum in general. I was focusing on the road as any decent driver tends to do, when suddenly Eric erupted in laughter, shrieking about something or other I couldn't quite catch. He insisted that I slow down in order to get a look at a truck that we had recently passed, because it had a COW in the backseat. You read it right, I said COW. If the cow was in the BED of the truck I wouldn't have bothered, but he said he thought for sure he saw a cow in the extra cab of an old F150. When we passed it the first time, he thought the truck had some fancy leather seat covers. As he looked closer, he realized the leather seat cover had a tail. And a bell around it's neck. And a tag in it's ear. By no means were we in the middle of a rural country town, but smack dab in the middle of a major metropolitan city! What did I say? Only in Ohio.

Eric snapped a picture with his cell phone as we drove by.


Take a closer look:


It seems that Bessie has moved up in the world. Only in Ohio. :) That brightened Eric's day considerably, and we both had a good laugh!

5 comments:

christycunn1 said...

I am so glad that I came across your blog.
You gave me such a great laugh! A cow in the back seat? That was so funny! I'm glad you had your camera!

Matthew said...

Christy, that is just too hysterical. Growing up in Columbus, I am 100% sure I never saw that once. Makes me miss my hometown, because, as you say, "only in Ohio!"

Katie said...

Every time I see the picture, it makes me laugh. That's just hilarious.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! (Here in Iowa it would be a pig--since there are more pigs here than humans)

Anonymous said...

Matt and I would just like to know HOW you get a cow in the backseat of a F150.

Made my night!

-April (DM Buddy)