Thursday, August 7, 2008

California Trip, Part 2

Audrey and my trip to So Cal is coming to a close. We have had a really fun and memorable time! However, we both miss Daddy very much, and I look forward to getting back into a normal daily routine. It is amazing how quite comfortable we get with the routines that shape our lives. We have spent this week visiting with old friends, swimming in the pool, and taking long, enjoyable walks. Here are pictures! Click for big versions. (I will add a picture of Farah and I later... I had an issue with my camera and I can't retrieve the pic until I get back to Ohio.)

Christine Williams made this beautiful quilt for Audrey. It was so nice to visit with Christine after not seeing her for many years!




Grandma Porowski getting some Audrey time in:


Mom at Starbucks!


We went for a long walk on Balboa Island on Tuesday night. I have always loved Balboa, and it was beautiful as always. If you've walked around the entire island, you've seen this statue of liberty on one of the private docks. We had to get a picture! Not sure what my hair is doing...



Here is the Tale of the Whale restaurant and the fun zone on Balboa Penninsula opposite the island. I wish I had a better camera!





We have a red eye flight home tonight. Hopefully Audrey will sleep right through! I'm signing off now to go swimming in the pool for the last time before finishing my packing. See you all back in Ohio!

No comments: