Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thankful

I've been feeling very blessed lately. I take a lot of things for granted in this fast paced, hectic world I live in. It's good for me to be still and think of how I am blessed. This time, I thought I'd share. I am going to make a habit of sharing lists like this. I think it would do us all a lot of good to stop going a million miles a minute, stop complaining about the traffic, that person who makes us want to explode, the 14 million things that have made our day more difficult, or the 256'th reason we're not perfect. Stop being busy for 5 short minutes and be still. Long enough to realize just how blessed we are.

Here are a few things I'm thankful for.
It would take years to include everything.


My God. He literally sacrificed Himself so that I ~and you~ could be forgiven, wiped clean from sin, and enter heaven to be with Him forever. The fact that He did that for me just breaks my heart. I'm a pretty selfish being when it comes down to it, and I am sorry to say I probably wouldn't have done the same. He is gentle. He loves me just the way I am. I don't have to be strong, interesting, intellectual, beautiful, hard working, or upbeat in order to figuratively climb into His lap and release the many emotions and burdens that I have carried throughout my day. He's always there. This view may sound selfish, but remember this list is simply a view of what I am thankful for right now, at this very moment.

My husband. He understands me. He loves me. He needs me. He and I belong to each other. He's everything I could want in a human, although some of those qualities are still being refined. :) He listens to my ramblings (which we know can last quite awhile), lets me be spontaneous and whimsical when I need to be, watches as my creativity gets me into trouble around the house, and helps me clean it up when it doesn't work out so well.

My daughter. Her beautiful, bright little smile shines a warm light into every corner of my heart. I can't begin to express how I am thankful for this little life God has trusted us to bring up under His guidance. Here are some pics I took this week, because what kind of mom would I be if I didn't post new pics every few days?!

She's big enough to play in this bouncer now, and she loves it.



Talking to the candle... which I think is funny
because she has lots of bright toys around her,
yet she is fascinated with the candle.



Friends. Have you ever had friends that you hang out with so much, you kinda forget that their house isn't your house? You get real comfortable and then remember that you have to go home. You don't have to get dressed up to hang out with them, and you see them at least 3 times per week. Those friends mean a lot to me. :)

My Family. They love and accept me no matter what. Nuff said.

Staying Home with Audrey. I get to spend time raising her myself instead of dropping her off at a daycare for 8+ hours per day. Not that I don't appreciate daycare workers!

Diet Mt. Dew. What would life be like without it? Thankfully I don't have to think about it.

The necessities of life. (Not the BEAR necessities of life... I heard you singing, don't try to hide it!) I have a comfy, warm (or cool) home, and a cushy bed (that is calling my name right now). Clear, clean water. Nutritious food to eat everyday, as well as the ability to feed my daughter all that she needs everyday. Many, many, many people around the world can't say they have the same. Then there are luxuries of life that I take for granted daily. Electricity. Indoor plumbing. Transportation. TV. Guitar Hero. Rita's. Okay so I'm kinda joking, but do you see how this could take years?!

I could go on for hours, but it's past 3am. This blog has been quite therapeutic for me... thanks for letting me share. Feel free to comment and let me know what you are thankful for at this very moment. You might be surprised at how many things start coming to mind once you get started!

No comments: