Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fun Weekends, and California Part 3

After a short day of resting from our trip to CA, we went up north with Dave & Katie, Zac & Jill to visit Katie's family. They have a beautiful home with lots of land and an above ground pool, which we all enjoyed. Dave, Eric and I beat Zac, Jill and Bud (Katie's Dad) in pool volleyball... not that it really matters, I'm just sayin. :p After spending time in the pool, the boys shot target rifles.


They set up a target and also used inanimate objects such as bottles, cans, rotten peaches, Gabby & Sasha... just kidding.



They asked if I wanted to shoot one of the rifles, and of course I had to try it. Eric assured me that it wasn't dangerous and there was hardly any recoil. I didn't do too bad for my first time ever shooting a gun! I hit a soda can 30-40 yards away.


The female sharp shooters got a picture together:



This is Katie's family's sweet old black Lab, Ebie. She is 16 years old and still kicking. She's selectively deaf, has really bad hip dysplasia, and can't see real well, but you would hardly know it. She's as sweet as a Georgia peach.


We made sure the doggies watched from an enclosed area, so that they wouldn't accidentally take part in target practice.

Sasha:


Gabby:



This is Molly's whiney face. She was whining here because Katie was giving Ebie attention, which of course in unacceptable. She cracks me up!


After the shooting fun was over, Bud made a fire in the fire pit out back, and we enjoyed yummy fry pies and s'mores. Zac dared someone to make a "suicide fry pie" and due to my constant need to be the center of attention, I accepted. What is a suicide fry pie, you ask? It is a hot sandwhich cooked over an open fire, consisting of a morsel of every item from the spread of ingredients on the table. This included various chips, pretzels, Hershey's milk chocolate, Reese's peanut butter cups, marshmallows, mozzarella cheese, meat spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, and last but certainly not least, peanut butter and jam. It looked like this before I cooked it... I didn't take a picture of what it looked like after it was cooked, but it tasted disgusting. I took 3 bites as agreed, and I'm proud of it! Ew.


After that nastiness, I attempted 2 or 3 different times to make a normal fry pie, and burned every last one to a crisp. Katie helped me make a perfect one finally. Sigh. (My camera battery died after that last scrumptious picture, so I took the rest with my cell phone.)


Eric threw a round of corn hole, while
Dave told Molly to lay down for the 859th time. :)




Here are the last pics from California. Farah and I:


Audrey watching tv with aunt Kim!



Four generations: Great Grandma Porowski,
Grandma Porowski, me, and Audrey.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Those pics are great! We have to go up again sometime!