Wednesday, October 12, 2011


1.  Mat Kearney's new album, Young Love. SOOOoooooo good. My favorite songs right now are Hey Mama and Ships In The Night.
2. One Republic, Waking Up. My faves go back and forth, right now I love Secrets, Good Life, and Marchin On.
3. Hillsong United, Aftermath. Specifically: Like an Avalanche and Aftermath. These songs speak volumes (and volumes and volumes) to me right now.
4. Sherwood, QU. I haven't listened to the whole album yet but I like their sound so far.
5. Hellogoodbye's album called Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs! Still listening through it so I haven't heard it all yet, but they are fun and have a great sound. 

That's about it for now. I have a ton of stuff I listen to on and off, some new, some old, but when I find music I like, I listen to it a LOT until I'm sick of it. That's where I am with Mat Kearney and One Republic. I've been a fan of Mat's since I got his first album like 8 years ago, before he was well known. Not much of his music since then has had the same distinct sound as that first CD, and I've missed it. Young Love brought it back! So happy! One Republic has been at the top of my list for a good 6 months at least, and I haven't listened to much else until very recently. 

I hope to repeat this list once or twice a month. I love music and it's fun to share!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I will have to check out some of that. Grooveshark, here I come.

Also, I'm feeling recommendy, so:

Seabird's album 'Til We See the Shore is back on my mind lately for some reason.

For my fellow pianist, you simply MUST hear Glenn Gould's 1955 recording of the Goldberg Variations (the 1980 recording is good, too, but in a very different way. I prefer the '55 without a doubt).

(Ooh, while I'm on the pianists, Martha Argerich's recording of Chopin's preludes absolutely kicks the CRAP out of every other recording I've ever heard. So there's that, too.)

And I am telling you, Sufjan Stevens's "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". Seriously. Go listen to it RIGHT NOW.

Matthew said...

ALSO!

This is going to sound incredibly nerdy, but the Tron: Legacy soundtrack (by Daft Punk) is AMAZING.

So. Get thee to Grooveshark, good woman!

(I am adding this comment instead of starting laundry. Is that awful? I think yes.)