Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Indian Summer


 Our yard is in desperate need of some attention. I spent most of the afternoon trimming the bushes and tearing down climbing rose vines out front, while Audrey decorated the driveway with chalk, baby in tow. The weather was absolutely perfect today, high 70's with a balmy breeze - impossible not to want to be out in the sunshine. It's the summer we didn't get to have this year, but in October! I wish these indian summer days would last forever. (Click for big versions of photos!)




I love this little girl so much. I don't often stop and just sit and listen to her (she talks a lot, but often has lovely, funny, and surprisingly insightful things to say), simply spending time without always having to be DOING something. Either way, mental note: must spend more time with her. Sometimes I need to just forget my long list of to-do's! Time is flying by much too quickly, and before I know it Audrey will be in high school. Going to prom. Or college. OMG. Stopping that train of thought right now.


Such a beauty.

During my outdoor excursion, I found the most adorable little birds nest in a tree near the house. It was empty, but still cute.


I love this purple ground cover. It kinda takes over the grass, so I imagine a lot of people don't like it, but it's cool on your feet on a hot summer day and the color is beautiful.


I take a ton of pictures, as often as I can. I won't ever post them all, otherwise my blogs would be pages long and Blogger's image storage wouldn't hold them all. Speaking of which, I REALLY need to get an external hard drive for my computer... My poor little 160 gig hard drive is almost full, and a lot of that is taken up by pictures. Be happy I didn't take pictures of my poor shredded hands after tearing down climbing rose vines all afternoon! Geesh - ouchies.

I finally blogged a bit, and that is more than I can say for the past few months. My work here is done. Good night bloggy bloggers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a mini-you!

Trish