Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dreams


So I've been thinking lately, about a lot of things. Mostly about my goals; spiritual, physical, and things I'd like to do in the future if the Lord wants to move me in that direction. In terms of life goals and things I'd like to do, I'm starting a bucket list of sorts. I know this post is sounding very "me me me, meeeeee" thus far, but bear with me if you can. This is list is simply one facet of many different thoughts and things going on in my life, and in an effort to blog and share, I'm posting this particular facet today. The rest will be come along in future posts eventually. This is what I have on my list of dreams starting now, but I'll add on to it as time goes on. Every list has to start somewhere!


DREAMS. 
A.K.A. My Bucket List

1. Get a nice camera. A Canon, preferably. This is something I'm really excited about and think about often. I look at pretty much everything I see as if it's a photograph. I look at the angles, the light, the colors. I literally see everything as if it was a photograph on a page or a computer screen. Weird, I know. It drives me crazy sometimes because it's simply humanly impossible to have a camera in my hand at all times. Anyway, the shots I see in my head probably won't happen anyway, until I am able to get a nice DSLR. If I'm gonna start saving up for something, I might as well go big and set my sights on the Canon 5D Mark II or III, probably II. That's a nice chunk of change for either one (anywhere from $2500 to upwards of $6k, and of course, these aren't even the nicest cameras out there. I don't need the nicest, clearly.) but remember this is a dream here. I would definitely go for the 60D or 50D as well. I would also be more than happy with a Rebel T3i or 30D with a nice lens or 3. So you see, I'm looking forward to having a DSLR. Either way, I'm starting a fund for this. 

The above is me from a few years ago, helping to shoot a wedding with some friends who taught me a ton about photography . :) I'll always be thankful for what I learned... I won't forget the good times and crazy wedding stories!
2. Look into starting a small photography business, nothing fancy, nothing big, probably mostly advertised by word of mouth, friends of friends, so on and so forth. If it takes off, great. If not, that's fine. But the idea of being a child/family photographer has been swirling in my head for quite some time now... a few years at least. I'm going to start praying about it more, perhaps it's the Lord who keeps bringing it to mind. As time goes on, the more I feel I should at least give it a go, so I can say I tried and will have no regrets. 

Maranola, Italy. Maybe I'll see it one day.
3. Travel overseas. Whether it's for a missions trip or family vacation, I'd love to travel overseas, namely to Italy and Ireland, among other places. If the Lord chooses to send me to the mission field or if I end up having the opportunity to go, I'll go wherever! (I won't lie, it scares me a little to type this in case I have to hold up my end of the bargain some day... what if I get sent to the shadiest, slummiest slums of the slimiest slummiest city in the world?!) 



4. Finish my book. I'm almost done, I just haven't been inspired enough lately to finish it, and I have to be inspired to write. I am in love with all my characters and the whole story, I just need to sit down and make time to finish it. Then I want to do the sequel that I have planned. And get at least the first one published. 


What are your dreams? What's on your bucket list? It's fun to dream isn't it? 

(I really want to keep up with this habit of blogging often... for the first time in a long time I'm really enjoying it. I love my new blog and I want to keep the posts coming! Goodnight bloggy peoples!)

4 comments:

Matthew said...

I dig this post. So much that I actually sat down and made a quick list of my own. Probably won't blog it just yet, but it's there.

Also, where the photography stuff is concerned: my cousin's wife is an AMAZING photographer, and she has been doing it professionally (weddings and family & senior sessions and what have you) for a few years, now. She is seriously excellent at it, and a terribly sweet person, to boot, so if you're thinking about that sort of thing, I am sure she'd love to give you some tips or advice or whatever. Just shoot me an email if you want some contact info. for her.

Love your list, though. Keep up the stupendous blogging, my friend!

Christy said...

SWEET - glad you liked it enough to jot down a list of your own!

Thanks so much for the offer of tips and chat with your cousins wife! I may take you up on that as I am always looking to learn more. Some good friends of ours own a business that used to do weddings and a lot of family pics etc, and I learned pretty much everything I know about camera settings and photography stuff from them. I used to shoot weddings with them - so fun! That is kind of what catapulted me into loving photography even more. I forgot that I even have a pic of me snapping a wedding pic... I'm gonna add it to this post!

Thanks again, it's SO good to know that at least someone enjoys reading this stuff! :) :) You should post your list someday!

Katie said...

:) Love the pic of you at that wedding with Dave. That was forever ago! Was that your first one? Can't remember. Aaahhhh, good times :)

Christy said...

If I remember correctly, my first one was in the spring at that little house near downtown, maybe in the Clintonville area? I can't remember the names but the girls had calf length green dresses, the ceremony was out in the garden and there was a harpist.. it was GORGEOUS!! I was so nervous I wouldn't do a good job. That day was a double header.. our next wedding was downtown at the Hyatt I think. Such good times!