Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th!


We had a get together last night with some of our wonderful friends, and had such a great time! We had done the fireworks thing on Saturday (Food, Fun, and Fireworks at our church, which was a BLAST. Eric was in charge of the sound tech music stuff, and he did a tremendous job... we are SO proud of him!! He put a lot of hard work and time into making that event run smoothly in regards to sound!) so decided a simple get together was in order. It ended up being a "deep fry party", in which people brought food items of all kinds to deep fry. I have to admit, I was more than a little apprehensive about this idea. I was of the mind to bring all sorts of tums and cholesterol meds and fresh fruit to combat the insane artery blockage that was sure to happen, but ended up bringing loads of fresh watermelon and calling it good. The chicken nuggets, mozzarella sticks, and jalapeno poppers were excellent. I was not a fan of the fried oreos though, even after I tried a very small piece thanks to much prodding from the girls. Nasty! :p Squishy and greasy... not my thing.

The girls spent time outside watching the kiddies play in the pool, and the guys played Rock Band inside. Naturally, we gravitated indoors later and joined in on the Rock Band fun! What a great time. Here are a few pics that my wonderful friend Lesley took of my beautiful little monkey in the pool. Look how big she is getting!




Just for fun, here is a silly pic I took after Audrey kept saying, "Hat mommy? Hat mommy?" Sorry for the blur, but it's a cell phone pic so that's to be expected.


Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

No comments: