Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Fun


I thought I'd post a few random pics that sum up what we've been up to this past week!

I turned 28 on July 13th (I know, scary), and we had a lovely time at Buca Di Beppo with Eric's parents! I love the food and atmosphere there, and it's one of my favorite restaurants.




The cake was GIGANTIC and we ended up only eating a little sliver of it... it was DELICIOUS though, topped off by this amazing coconut frosting.


Good thing I sent the leftovers to sound tech practice with Eric!


The Lord has provided another vehicle for our household!! Our good friends Dave and Laura recently moved away as I've mentioned a few times (*sigh* this is a sad thing for me), and ended up not needing this super sexy Plymouth Voyager van... candy apple red and complete with wood paneling! We are so thankful for it, despite the fact that I have always promised never to be a "mini van mom". Ah well. We take what we are blessed with, and as they say, never look a gift horse in the mouth! :) We love you Beres clan!!!


The van, now affectionately dubbed Big Red, is in GREAT condition and runs beautifully. It's only drawback is that the air conditioning is not functioning, but we'll live. Audrey LOVES to ride and sit in it. "Vaaaaan mommy? Vaaaaaan??"


Audrey has been very into tents and forts this week. We've humored her of course. I'm gonna have to wash all my sheets again soon.



Wearing cereal on our faces is a normal occurrence around here:


We love our friends Lesley and Emma, and had fun playing together at the park this morning! Whew, the humidity made for some sweaty little girls!


I hope you all are having a great week. Stay cool - it's nasty out there! :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

how did I no know that our birthdays were so close together???? glad your birthday celebration went splendid and happy the van is working out for you all!! PS I wish you could've shipped me a piece of that cake looks delish!!