Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shakespeare In The Park

I had a WONDERFUL time with some friends this past weekend. We went to see Much Ado About Nothing at Schiller Park - what a cool place.

Katie and I :)


The park is beautiful. I had never been there, and really enjoyed it.



The girls! This is before Kelsey arrived.


The stage was set up with 360 seating, so people sat all around the back edges of the stage. Right before the play started, we were invited to sit up there. I loved it! We were close enough to see and hear the actors really well.


From our new seats:


More of the park:







After dark, the spotlights came on and were quite bright, as you can see. It was a little distracting, especially for taking pictures, so I only took a few. Here are Benedick and Beatrice grudgingly professing their love for each other:


Leonato and Claudio, who you can actually see here:


Hero, the scorned bride.


Not great pictures of the actors, but it gives you an idea of what it was like to be there. I loved it! Good times with great friends. Thanks ladies!

No comments: