Thursday, August 2, 2007

Debussy

Now that I have a piano, I am so excited to be practicing again! I have a long way to go (sorry Eric! Y). There is a part of me that has been missing during the time that I haven't had a piano nearby, so I'm delighted to be able to practice Debussy, Chopin, and other favorites. I started practicing Doctor Gradus Ad Parnassum by Claude Debussy again, which I originally played and performed when I was 14. I'm excited that I actually remember a lot of it. Heh, I found this clip on You Tube and it blew me away... Yeah, she's playing Doctor Gradus at 8 years old.

5 comments:

Matthew said...

i expect to see a video of you playing it--better--soon :)

(and--ahem--sorry about my most recent post. i guess i've just known mostly dogs who were irrepressibly irritating, so they're nothing personal, just not my cup o' tea. ha!)

Matthew said...

so i'm just not ready yet, huh? we'll see... as long as i can remain strong and steer my kids toward cats, we'll be all set :)

Anonymous said...

I am happy to say that your girls did their job well last night, Molly woke up at 6, and then went back to sleep until 9:45. (As did we) I will have to by them a new toy to show my appreciation:)

Anonymous said...

I'm getting ready to post the pics we did of Molly the other day. They are too adorable....

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we wanted Max to be in the pics too, but we all know how that would have turned out:)