Monday, August 20, 2007

Meandering Thoughts

I have enjoyed many things as of late. It's about time I make a list of them, one which will probably take a few days to complete. Here are some of the various details of my meandering happy thoughts in the form of a list, because lists are wonderfully organizational things. Prepare yourself.


~ The anticipation of autumn. I never experienced autumn while growing up in California. I've got to say, autumn in the Midwest is my favorite time of year. Chilly air, vibrantly colored trees, scarves, pies, and hot coffee to warm cold faces. New television episodes (except Lost, which is just wrong), Thanksgiving, days that are darker earlier, college football, small group, and pumpkins.

~ Flip Flops. I miss wearing them all year round. The toes should always be free. Heels are good too though.

~ "Chick Flicks". I've watched so many lately... at home, at friends houses, at the theater. If there is one thing that will lure you in, give you warm fuzzies, make you sad, then desperate, incredulous, hopeful, and finally joyously bring the world to rights again all in 2 hours, it is a bonafide chick flick. A few that I have seen lately: Sense & Sensibility, Raising Helen, Grease, Pride & Prejudice, Wimbledon, Bridget Jones and the Edge of Reason, and Uptown Girls. I have Emma and Vanity Fair waiting at home for me to watch. Has anyone seen Vanity Fair (Reese Witherspoon), and is it decent?

~ Caffeine. I adore my freshly brewed Starbucks in the morning. I've had to completely cut down on my diet Mountain Dew intake though, which has been difficult. I decided that getting massively painful headaches from the lack of caffeine wasn't preferable.

~ The Psalms. I've been reading several Psalms everyday. It is amazing how the Lord can speak directly to what you are thinking about at the very moment you read a certain verse. I have been learning about bringing all of my thoughts to the Lord daily, because He knows what to do about the things I am concerned about, down to the smallest detail. There is great peace knowing that God is over all. He understands how I feel when no one else does. He hasn't given me more than I can handle.

~ Storms. I watched a raging storm today through the large window in front of my desk. It was exhilarating to watch the howling wind through the trees, the pounding rain, the flashes of lightning. Every once in awhile I would step outside to experience it. Now the rain is falling steadily, giving the foliage a much needed watering.

There is more, but I am out of time. More ramblings tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your writing. I can see and hear what you say in words. Just beautiful.

Fauf said...

Caffeine, what a fiend. I've had to start waking up early this past week to go to meetings at school and I am already sipping coffee in the morning. Usually I don't need caffeine until mid-quarter of the school year. Oh well...

Fauf said...

Caffeine, what a fiend. I've had to start waking up early this past week to go to meetings at school and I am already sipping coffee in the morning. Usually I don't need caffeine until mid-quarter of the school year. Oh well...