Monday, August 13, 2007

A Hot Sunday at the River

Yesterday afternoon, we went with Eric's parents and our pack of dogs to the river/creek in Gahanna... I'm not sure which river it is. There are many gorgeous spots to wade and splash around, where the rocks aren't too hard on the feet. It was hot, and the pups were ecstatic to be in the water! I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear when I saw both Sasha & Gabby sprint into the water and swim around for several minutes, before coming out to find a toy or stick to play with. Sasha surprised me by diving for rocks and sticks! She would feel around on the bottom of the river with her feet until she found something worth diving for, and then go under to find it. It's amazing how they inherently know how to do these things, it's simply normal to them. It gives me warm fuzzies to watch them so happy in their ideal environment, and I could watch them swim around all day! Forgive the picture quality... my cell phone doesn't have the best camera, hehehe.




Red is a happy dog :)


Poor Sadie barked the whole time, she was so happy to be in the water!

No comments: