Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Whew!


I have been a horrible blogger lately. I even failed to finish my list from last week! Bad Christy! Life has been a whirlwind this past week. Big news, deep thoughts, late nights, good conversations, delicious food, hearty laughs, and quality time with dear friends. I am going to level with you, blogger friends. I have big news of which some of you already know. Stay tuned for tomorrow's big news blog! Kidding. :) I'm pregnant! I am not very far along yet, maybe 5 weeks. Eric and I wanted to share the news early. We think having the prayer and support from friends and family is better than not being able to talk about it. Speaking of prayer, we could use a lot of it! There are a few specific things:

1 ~ This is a high risk pregnancy. Because of my diabetes, I will be under fairly constant monitoring by two different high risk OB's and my diabetes educator. There can be serious complications such as birth defects from not keeping bloodsugars under control. Pray that all will go smoothly, with level bloodsugars and no complications.

2 ~ Finances. We have quite a few things to pay for in the coming months, including another car (something with room for a carseat, haha!).

3 ~ My job situation. Sometimes high risk pregnancies require bed rest towards the end of the 2nd trimester (or whenever needed obviously), and at this point if I wasn't able to work, we wouldn't do well.

4 ~ Our relationship with each other, keeping one another as #1 through the next 9 months and beyond!

5 ~ Wisdom and Patience. I'm not worried about whether or not we will be good parents (praise the Lord He is with us through every thing, big or small), but the process of gaining knowledge and learning all the important basics in the next few months is a little daunting. I am fully aware that parenting is a life long learning process! However, I know very little about taking care of babies, so I will be stuffing my head full of knowledge.

I promise to blog more now. Check back often for updates and goodies! :)

In other news, Dave and Katie let me borrow one of the wedding cameras over the weekend! I had a blast taking pictures of the puppies. How special it was to experiment with such a nice camera! Molly is such a cutie. :) Click for big versions.















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww....our baby is so cute!

The Grizzle said...

YOU'RE HAVING A BABY!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are really great! It is often so hard to take good pictures of black labs :) The dogs are adorable. And I am excited about your news. My email reply is coming here soon... but for now I am off to an Angel's game in 90+ degree weather (yuck).