Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Birthday Fun


Yesterday was my birthday. I am officially 27 years old. DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN. Birthdays aren't as exciting as they were during my childhood years, but they are still a little more special than other days in the year. They have always been fun and special days in my family, and they will continue to be for Eric, Audrey and I and any other children we may have. I love making things special and adding small touches that create sparks of joy. Yesterday presented a few of those moments for me! Eric cooked me breakfast, which was so nice. Then Audrey and I went with Katie and Brianna to Katie's parents house in Bellefountaine. We spent the afternoon getting our hair done. Katie's mom Beth has been a hair stylist (is that the correct term?) for many years and is simply amazing - they treated me to highlights and a beautiful cut. WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I love it! I adore getting my hair done, and it's been so long since I've been pampered like that. Thanks, Katie and Beth! Afterwards we all went to the opening night of the Logan County Fair (I think it's Logan... I sure hope so..). We walked, talked, and took it all in. Audrey liked the sheep, rabbits, and the pigs until one of them squeeled so loud it scared her. Geesh! The rabbits brought back my 4-H days... I used to show them at the Orange County Fair, which was fun to remember.






When we got home Eric had dinner waiting (he really is amazing). Sometimes on special occasions he writes me a letter (we used to write each other a lot years ago during our long distance dating days, and still do once in long awhile. It's just one of those things that is special to us.) and he had one of those waiting, too. I cried when I read it. I love my husband! All in all, a great day. I've been having a lot of those lately. :) Praise God for His blessings! He has given me so much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Laura said...

From what I can see in the pics NICE HAIR! Happy Birthday!