Monday, July 6, 2009

The New & Improved Meat Locker

Thanks to some gift cards, every last moment of our free time last week, and 99.9% of our patience, we now have a beautiful new Meat Locker (aka the downstairs family room... it's almost ALWAYS freezing cold down here)! Until last week, we squeezed two huge desks, the two of us, the two dogs and sometimes Audrey, and two computers that give off a lot of heat into an already hot, itty-bitty upstairs room. Not to mention, this room was directly next to Audrey's bed room, so naps and bedtime were always a challenge with trying to keep quiet while Eric was working or we were on the computers late into the night. Praise the Lord those trying times are behind us! The only problem still unsolved is how Audrey and I can stay quiet enough during Eric's work hours that his clients won't hear us hollering over the phone without a door to separate our new office from the rest of the house. Impossible, right? Yeah, my thoughts exactly! Ah well. One day we'll install a door that will separate the upper half of the house from the Meat Locker... until then, Audrey and I will try to stay upstairs as much as possible and resign ourselves to being unnaturally quiet. How can this new office be worth all of this, you ask? Look for yourself! Unfortunately I was so excited to do away with the old school wood paneling that I forgot to take "before" pictures. I do have one from when we first moved in though.

BEFORE:


Ewww, right?

(Drum roll.......)

AFTER:




It hardly looks like the same house, if you ask me. We love how it turned out!!! I keep telling Eric that my room rating has gone way up... for any of you that play The Sims you know what I mean. That little green bar that shows how your sim likes the room he or she is in... mine is completely full and bright green! HAHA. Instead of feeling cranky just because I can't stand the way the room looks, I want to be down here more because I like it. Sad that my mood is sometimes thus affected by my environment, I know. We haven't decided what curtains to put up yet, so we're leaving them off for now. The bushes covering the windows provide decent enough privacy that we can take a few days to decide what do to about curtains. I'm sure this is all incredibly exciting for you, blogger friends, but I'll end this for now. (Try to understand. The excitement can't last forever.) I'll be posting pics of 4th of July soon!

7 comments:

Kim said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!

so nice and bright :)

Christy said...

EXACTLY! That musty, dungeon basement feeling is gone, lol. YAY

Laura said...

Nice work! It turned out great!!! Way to go!! I totally agree with you about the environment affecting moods.... amazing what a little paint can do!

Katie said...

It's great, Christy! I love it. Crazy how a little paint can change the entire feel of the room. So bright and homey now!

Anonymous said...

OHMIGOSH that look fabulous! What a ginormous difference; wish I could see it in person ;)

~Trish

p.s. hugs to you both, and BOOOP that beautiful little nose from me!!

Fauf said...

WOW! Looks awesome

Al said...

E...just found your blog...you guys look awesome and the baby is beautiful....she is so pretty....looks just like both of you...I like your office....its awesome....you guys did a fantastic job.... you can see that you have been watching a lot of the HOME NETWORK SHOWS....thats all that Dee watches...