Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Independence Day


Eric, Audrey and I went with our friends to Food, Fun & Fireworks at our church this past weekend. Every year on July 4th the church invites the community on to the property where there is lots for the kids to do, lots of food, and lots of people. There are usually huge bounce houses and obstacle courses, games, pony rides, a petting zoo, contests, food stands, live music from the church jazz band, etc. It is a great outreach opportunity and fun for all.

As you may remember from Audrey's zoo experience, she is not thrilled about goats and other barnyard animals. I don't know why she doesn't want anything to do with them. Maybe they smell. Maybe most of them aren't black like our dogs so she isn't sure about them. Either way, she has issues with them. I decided to try to get her to warm up to the petting zoo animals at FFF. After about half an hour of Eric, Jim and I holding her and encouraging her, she finally voluntarily reached out to pet one of them!





In case I haven't mentioned it: Audrey is walking! She prefers walking to crawling at this point and toddles along, tumbling frequently but getting right back up to continue on.
Here is Daddy helping her along:


Jill & Zac have the most adorable little Daschund puppy named Peanut, which they brought with them to FFF. Here she is hiding from these cute little girls who wouldn't leave her alone for at least half an hour:


Unfortunately, I didn't take tons of pictures that day.
I did get a few of us watching the fireworks. We don't look tired at all, do we?!




Audrey was such a trooper that night. She managed to stay awake until we got home around 11:30pm. (Now don't go thinking I make a habit of allowing my child to stay awake until all hours of the night... I know what you are thinking! Trust me. Audrey is in bed by 7:00pm or 7:30pm at the LATEST. She sleeps until 8 or 9am as well. We all need our rest, and Eric & I need some "us" time! :) ) All in all it was a great evening. May God continue to bless America, and may Americans lift their eyes and hearts to Him!

1 comment:

Fauf said...

Looks like fun! Audrey is getting so big! Ah! She's way cute